Here are our top picks for dog friendly hotels in Ireland!
For those of you that enjoy a little road trip but don’t like the idea of leaving your best friend behind, why not consider a pet friendly hotel for your next trip. In the guide below, you’ll find some dog friendly hotels in Ireland that are perfect for a short break away with your pooch.
A word to the wise – if you plan on taking your dog to any of the hotels in this guide, ring us in advance. That way you’ll know what you need to bring with you for your stay and what to expect when you arrive (some hotels require that you use a separate check-in area for example).
Tel: Golden Ireland 00 353 (0)64 6630267 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org
In some hotels certain breeds are excluded, whilst others require vaccination certificates. Some hotels provide bedding and water bowls, while others expect you to bring your own. One thing that is common among all hotels in Ireland that allow dogs, is that you need to notify them in advance that you are bringing a dog with you. There may be only a few rooms in a particular hotel that are pet-friendly, so you have to book well in advance.
- Dromhall Hotel – Killarney, Co. Kerry.
Thinking of heading to Kerry for your holidays, but don’t want to leave your dog behind? They love dogs at the Dromhall Hotel and are one of the few “Dog-Friendly Hotels” in the Kingdom of Kerry. They welcome dog owners to stay with their well-behaved pets and have a number of dog friendly rooms available. Guests are asked not to not leave your pet unattended in your room during the day or night which is understandable.
- They only allow small to medium size dogs to stay.
- One dog per room.
- Owners are requested to bring their own food requirements for dogs.
- All dogs are to be house trained.
- Owners should bring their dog’s bedding.
- Dogs are not allowed within the public areas of the hotel – i.e. the lobby, bar and restaurant.
- Dogs must remain on leads at all times within the hotel and on the hotel grounds.
- They have restrictions on certain breeds – please specify what kind of breed you have when making your booking.
- There is an additional charge if you are bringing your dog along with you:
- €20 per dog per night for the duration of your stay.
With acres of untouched parklands, a stone’s throw from the hotel this is truly doggy heaven, the ideal Killarney accommodation for you and your dog. They pride themselves on being one of the few Killarney dog friendly hotels.
For more information http://visit https://www.goldenireland.ie/hotel/dromhall-hotel/
- Mulroy Woods Hotel, Co. Donegal.
The Mulroy Woods Hotel is pleased to be a Pet Friendly Hotel with designated rooms for your much loved companion to stay with you. Only a strict selection of their spacious guestrooms are Pet & Dog Friendly & all have an external door and therefore availability is limited.
Guests should mention this when booking through Golden Ireland to ensure a pet friendly guestroom and to receive the pet friendly package deal.
- If a pet is causing a disturbance that interferes with comfort and well-being of other guests, the pet will be required to be removed from the hotel building.
- Pets are not allowed within the public areas of the hotel – ie. The lobby, bars and restaurant, excluding dogs for the visually impaired/assistance dogs.
- Pets must remain on leads at all times within the hotel and on the hotel grounds and are never to be left unattended.
- Pets should be walked by persons of 12 years and older.
- Owners are requested to clean up after their pet when on walks.
- One Pet per guest room only.
- Owners are requested to bring their own food requirements for their pets
- Owners are can avail of the surrounds of the hotel and the many local areas to walk their pets.
- Arrangements must be made with housekeeping to service the room with pet gone or with owner present.
- Pets must be washed and on flea medication prior to arrival. In the interest of health & safety we require all dogs to have an EU Pet Passport certifying its microchip, rabies vaccination& echinococcus
- If owners wish they can bring their own pet bedding; no pets are allowed on the beds or furniture.
- Pet Fee is €20 per pet per night plus additional €25 for required cleaning and disinfection on departure.
- In-room amenities package includes dog bed and bowl for food.
For more information visit https://www.goldenireland.ie/hotel/mulroy-woods-hotel/
- The Ardilaun Hotel, Co. Galway.
The Ardilaun Garden Rooms are a very popular choice and furnished with a double and single bed and a sofa bed. These rooms have a patio area which gives easy access to the gardens – the perfect choice for families and dog lovers. The Ardilaun Hotel is one of the few Galway hotels to realize that you can’t have a family break without all of the family but don’t forget bedding and food for your four-legged friend!
- There is a supplement of €20 per night per dog for these rooms.
- Owners are responsible for the good behavior of their dogs at all times.
- Please keep your dog on a leash at all times when in public areas of the hotel, and also when in the gardens.
- Dogs are not allowed in the Restaurant, Bar, Bistro or Leisure Centre at any time unless they are guide dogs. There are specified areas in the hotel, where you can reserve a table and bring your pet to dine in the hotel.
- Your dog should not be left alone in your room at any time.
- Any damage done to furniture, bedding or hotel property will be charged directly to you the customer.
- Dog owners need always to be mindful of other guests and show due care to their surroundings.
- You are responsible for cleaning up after your dog when enjoying the gardens including cleaning your dog bowl after use.
- You must not allow your dog up on sofas, chairs or other furniture in the hotel bedroom, lobby or other public areas.
- Enjoy the use of our dog bowls for the duration of your stay only. They are not to be removed from the premises under any circumstances and must be left clean.
For more information visit https://www.goldenireland.ie/hotel/the-ardilaun/
- The Lodge at Ashford Castle, Co. Mayo.
At The Lodge at Ashford Castle they love pets and treat them like VIPs (Very Important Pets). They are delighted to be able to cater for your four legged member of the family and you can be assured your pet will be treated like royalty from the time they check in until departure.
With the vast Ashford Estate on the doorstep, your dog will love the never ending walks in the countryside as much as you will! Please mention that your pet will be travelling with you and we will forward the special ‘Pet Preference’ form from the hotel.
In the room for the duration of your stay they will provide a supremely comfortable bed, fluffy towels, duvets, food and water bowls, and a turndown treat for your pet. There will be a €25 charge per dog, per night and they will retain a €500 deposit on check-in that is separate to any pre-authorisation for your room.
They hotel offers:
- Dog sitting – at an additional cost
- Dog walking – at an additional cost
- Grooming service – at an additional cost
- Dog treats and toys
- Leashes and litter boxes
For more information visit https://www.goldenireland.ie/hotel/the-lodge-at-ashford-castle/