This Competition is now Closed. Thanks to everybody who Entered. The lucky winner is Ms Kay Morrison from Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
A Landmark in Hospitality Since 1854
Great Southern Killarney, a landmark in hospitality since 1854, still stands proudly as Killarney’s Premier Historic Hotel and is situated on 6 acres of beautiful gardens right in the heart of Killarney town centre. As you may be aware, Great Southern Killarney is optimally located directly beside Killarney train station and just a short walk from Killarney bus station, allowing you to travel to Great Southern Killarney with the greatest of ease.
The hotel is located in the heart of Killarney town yet tucked away on its own private grounds affording you an oasis of calm. Just a mere stroll from the town centre and within a two-minute walk of Killarney National Park, Great Southern Killarney has been an iconic retreat for almost 170 years.
Great Southern Killarney has enjoyed a most interesting and impressive history, throughout which the hotel has fortunately retained its striking original Victorian features. Guest facilities include the gourmet Garden Room Restaurant, the welcoming meeting point Brownes – The Bar, The Wine Room, home to the hotel’s wine-tasting experience & a traditional Afternoon Tea service. Great Southern has an extensive Health Club with a 15m heated swimming pool and a delightful residents’ lounge to enjoy throughout your stay.
Free Town Centre Parking within the grounds of Great Southern is also included for all guests.
Active Retirement Breaks
From October to March, Great Southern Killarney offers one, two and three-night Active Retirement Breaks.
Arrive to a welcome pack with local sweet treats. Enjoy overnight luxury accommodation followed by Full Irish Breakfast each morning. Dine in The Garden Room restaurant each evening with a 2-course meal.
Complimentary Wi-Fi and Town Centre Parking within the grounds of Great Southern. Great Southern has an extensive Health Club with 15m heated Swimming Pool, Steam Room, Sauna, Jacuzzi & Two Outdoor Tennis Courts and a delightful residents lounge to enjoy throughout your sta
From €95 pps per night
See Great Southern Killarney for more details.
Great Southern Killarney Competition
Up for grabs we have an amazing two-night Active Retirement Break for two to give away to one lucky winner.
– 2 Nights Luxury Accommodation with complimentary upgrade
– Full Irish Breakfast each morning
– 2 Course Dinner in The Garden Room restaurant each evening
– Welcome pack with local sweet treats
– 1 Hour Jaunting Car through Killarney National Park.
The prize can be used Sunday – Thursday from October to March, subject to availability.
Simply tell us the year in which Great Southern Killarney was built?
Send your name, answer and full contact details to:
Please put Great Southern Killarney Competition in the subject line.
Terms & Conditions:
– Closing Date for the Competition is 28/07/2023
– The prize can be used Sunday – Thursday from October to March, subject to availability.
– Golden Ireland does not sell or share your data with any other company.
– The competition is open to Actively Retired residents of Ireland and the UK, except employees of Golden Ireland and their families, or anyone else professionally associated with the promoter.
– Only one entry per unique valid email address is eligible.
– The prize winner will be notified by email or telephone within 7 working days.
– In the event that the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable or should the winner be unable to accept their prize within 7 working days of being notified, it will be deemed that the winner has forfeited their prize and Golden Ireland reserves the right to award the prize to an alternative winner drawn from all remaining eligible entries.
– The prize is non-refundable and non-transferable, and no cash alternative will be offered.